Pregnancy is one of the most delicate and vital period of women’s life. Therefore, it is most important to take care and follow a strict diet that is suitable during the days of pregnancy. It simply means that, paying proper attention on what you are eating, and also making sure of avoiding harmful beverages and food items not suitable for you. Certain beverages and food items should only be consumed rarely, while some of them should be completely avoided during pregnancy. Here are some examples of beverages and food items should be avoided during your pregnancy.
Beverages and foods to be avoided:
- Avoid the intake of high mercury fish. Mercury is highly toxic ingredient. It has no known safe level of exposures and is mostly found in polluted water substances. Well, in higher amount, it might be damaging the nervous system, the immune system and the kidneys too.
- Since it is observed in most of polluted seas, lager amount of fish living in that type of ocean contains high amount of mercury level. There are many different types of fish that contains high mercury level like shark, tuna and Swordfish.
- Consuming low mercury fish during your pregnancy is very healthy and this type of fish can be eaten up for say two times a week. It helps in providing omega 3 that is considered important for the baby.
- It is advisable of not eating raw fish or shellfish because it might be contaminated from parasites and bacteria. Whole some of them can cause adverse effects to the health of the mother and can harm up both the mother and the unborn baby too.
- It also includes many of the sushi dishes that contain the raw fish ingredient not suitable for pregnant women. Eating raw meat or undercooked meat increases the rate of infection from several bacteria that has proved harmful for pregnant women.
- Hot dog, deli meat and lunch meat are also subject matters to harmful food stuffs for pregnant women. These type of meat might become infected with various and different types of bacteria during its storage and processing.
- Bottom line is raw meat or undercooked meat might contain harmful bacteria. It is not to eat it at all, but it is advisable of cooking it well and avoiding the raw part of it. Raw eggs should be avoided during pregnancy because it might be contaminated by salmonella, that might lead to sickness and an increased risk of stillbirth or premature baby is more.
- Instead of that, pregnant women can go for pasteurized eggs that can be used for increasing the metabolite power. Organ meat is food stuff should be avoided during pregnancy. Organ meat helps in improving and is a great source of vitamin B12, copper, vitamin A and iron. It is advisable to limit the intake or=f organ meat that is harmful for them.
- Pregnant women should limit their intake of caffeine to 200 mg a day. That is approximately 2 to 3 cups a day of coffee. High intake of caffeine during pregnancy might limit the fetal growth and even cause low birth weight of your baby.