Food to avoid during Pregnancy
Pregnancy is one of the most delicate and vital period of women’s life. Therefore, it is most important to take care and follow a strict diet that is suitable during the days of pregnancy. It simply means that, paying proper attention on what you are eating, and also making sure of avoiding harmful beverages and food items not suitable for you. Certain beverages and food items should only be consumed rarely, while some of them should be completely avoided during pregnancy. Here are some examples of beverages and food items should be avoided during your pregnancy.
Beverages and foods to be avoided:
- Avoid the intake of high mercury fish. Mercury is highly toxic ingredient. It has no known safe level of exposures and is mostly found in polluted water substances. Well, in higher amount, it might be damaging the nervous system, the immune system and the kidneys too.
- Since it is observed in most of polluted seas, lager amount of fish living in that type of ocean contains high amount of mercury level. There are many different types of fish that contains high mercury level like shark, tuna and Swordfish.
- Consuming low mercury fish during your pregnancy is very healthy and this type of fish can be eaten up for say two times a week. It helps in providing omega 3 that is considered important for the baby.
- It is advisable of not eating raw fish or shellfish because it might be contaminated from parasites and bacteria. Whole some of them can cause adverse effects to the health of the mother and can harm up both the mother and the unborn baby too.
- It also includes many of the sushi dishes that contain the raw fish ingredient not suitable for pregnant women. Eating raw meat or undercooked meat increases the rate of infection from several bacteria that has proved harmful for pregnant women.
- Hot dog, deli meat and lunch meat are also subject matters to harmful food stuffs for pregnant women. These type of meat might become infected with various and different types of bacteria during its storage and processing.
- Bottom line is raw meat or undercooked meat might contain harmful bacteria. It is not to eat it at all, but it is advisable of cooking it well and avoiding the raw part of it. Raw eggs should be avoided during pregnancy because it might be contaminated by salmonella, that might lead to sickness and an increased risk of stillbirth or premature baby is more.
- Instead of that, pregnant women can go for pasteurized eggs that can be used for increasing the metabolite power. Organ meat is food stuff should be avoided during pregnancy. Organ meat helps in improving and is a great source of vitamin B12, copper, vitamin A and iron. It is advisable to limit the intake or=f organ meat that is harmful for them.
- Pregnant women should limit their intake of caffeine to 200 mg a day. That is approximately 2 to 3 cups a day of coffee. High intake of caffeine during pregnancy might limit the fetal growth and even cause low birth weight of your baby.
To have a baby is the best feeling in the world. During the pregnancy period you should take enough care of yourself so both you and your baby are in good healthy state. While some women say that experience a glow in their appearance, some say they are just becoming weak. Both of these may be due to the pregnancy hormone progesterone. So it is very important that you take proper care of yourself during the pregnancy. Dental problems mainly bleeding from gums are very common during pregnancy. One of the main reasons behind this is the increased flow of blood in your body. It is advisable that you consult a doctor before this problem takes a serious form.
Due to increased flow of progesterone in your body, skin problems are also very normal. While in case of some women the skin becomes oily, others complain about dry and skins. So when in pregnancy you should consult a dermatologist and use prescribed ointments and lotions to keep your skin healthy and free from any serious problem.
Maintaining a healthy diet is very necessary. Consult a doctor for a proper diet chart. Don’t just maintain a diet on your own. Include fruits, green vegetables, etc in your regular diet. Be very strict about not eating whatever you get as it may affect the health of your child too. Following a strict exercise regime is very necessary because many women complain of muscle cramp and pain in legs during pregnancy. it occur due to increase n body weight. Don’t try stretching of legs on your own, always perform it under the supervision of a professional trainer so that both you and your child is in good health. You must also consult a doctor for hair problems as well because hair fall issues are also much common during pregnancy.
The health of the unborn baby depends completely on the mother. Parental care during pregnancy means taking care of the mother as the health of the mother is directly related to the health of the baby.
A lot of changes will take place during pregnancy and it is important that the mother copes with e changes in the best way so that the baby comes to this world in good health. This only common for the mother to wake up in the morning and find changes in the body that was not there the other day. There would be certain discomforts and they are only common at this time. The best you could do is live disciplined and eat well. There would be a lot of emotional fluctuations during pregnancy but you will have to try to keep yourself happy at all times. Make sure you consult your doctor from time to time in order to avoid any complication.
A low birth weight baby is basically a new born whose body weight is below 2.5 Kg. Such babies are at high risk of several infections, low immunity, retarded mental and physical growth, deficiencies and even early deaths. Mostly premature babies are LBW babies, but poor nutrition of the mother can lead to the birth of low birth weight babies, even if they are not premature. Such cases even put the life of the mother at risk.
Such a situation can be avoided by following some things seriously when you are pregnant. Smoking and taking drugs have been found to be the secondary reasons for LBW babies. When you are pregnant, smoking, drinking and drug abuse can not only lead to the birth of an LBW but you can even have a miscarriage r have a still born. Also there are specific nutritional needs for a pregnant woman. A normal healthy woman should gain 12 kilos during pregnancy. So the food intake should be optimum for the mother’s body, the baby and for the placental growth as well. Consult a doctor to get a personalized diet chart.
Are you carrying your first child? And wondering what are the foods to take in order to maintain the balance of folic acid in your body? Well then check out this article minutely and get all the information. Folic acid which is also known as vitamin B9 is a very important for the pregnant women and they should take this vitamin on a regular basis as folic acid has got several benefits.
Folic acid or vitamin B9 helps is developing the brain tissues; spinal cord of a baby and a pregnant woman must take these vitamin 400 grams every day. As a result of lack of folic acid in the body of a pregnant woman the baby might have different bodily defects while it is in the mother’s womb.
Green apples, green vegetables like beans, broccoli have folic acid contents for in large quantities therefore all these should be taken by a woman who is carrying a baby.